I had a meeting earlier this week in Fargo, that meant 6 hours in the car. 6 hours in the car is a lot of down time — perfect for snacking. When I have to travel for work I still bring healthy foods for my snack times so my schedule isn’t thrown off and I don’t end up with a bag of Oreos in my lap – yes, it’s happened. I put them by my purse so I wouldn’t forget them!
I even transported it in my awesome Agency MABU lunch box. They are a local Advertising and Marketing Agency I often have the pleasure of working with.
Here are some other options for healthy travel friendly snacks:
- Dried fruit (make sure there is NSA or No Sugar Added)
- Trail mix – I picked up mine at the Grocery Store rather than making my own. 140 calories a serving and it has dried cranberries.
- Dried Cereal
- Fruit (apples, grapes and bananas are easy. Just be ready to do something with your core or peel.)
- Carrots (put them in a small plastic bag. They don’t have to stay cold to enjoy.)
- Energy bars
- PB&J sandwich
- If you are bringing a small cooler or lunch box like me, throw in an ice pack and you can bring string cheese, a sandwich, or even hard boiled eggs – just mind the smell if you have passengers.
I hope you can use some of these suggestions the next time you are taking a road trip.
Don’t miss another post! Follow my blog by entering your e-mail address at the bottom of the homepage. Yes, it’s that easy! Questions? Contact me, Brianna Ludwig. Be sure to follow me on Twitter and the Don’t Eat Crap Facebook Page.