I have so many things flying through my head right now so I thought I’d just get them all out there in one thought-provoking post.
1. On Friday evening I had a wonderful girlfriend “date” with Molly. We went for dinner and drinks at The Walrus and shared three appetizers: mushroom bruschetta, homemade hummus with Tahini sauce, and the chicken and black bean quesadilla. After a rude man next to us at the bar kept cutting in on our conversation we went to the East 40 for just one more adult beverage. Well they were having a wine special, so we got a bottle and shared it for $14! To top it off, the chef brought out a plate of cheese (paired specifically for our wine) and it was JAW DROPPING AWESOME. Not only did it have four different cheeses including a three year-old aged Swiss, a fontina, and I can’t remember the others. It had fresh apples and strawberries, dried apricots, and a duck sausage that was so tasty. East 40 is going to start offering these cheese plates as appetizers this week, so MAKE sure you stop in and ask for the cheese appetizer platter. You won’t be disappointed.
2. I made Chinese Chicken Salad and an amazing (see below photo) Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Roll I found on Pinterest. Mom made them awhile back and they were so good. So I knew these would be a hit for our friends family who we made dinner for tonight. I saved 2 slices for Garrett and I to try, he wishes there would have been more left. I gave half the roll to our friends’ family, the other half is going to our office this week for Administrative Assistants Week.
3. You can still eat healthy and eat a ton of food. Check out my lunch I had today. I was so stuffed I didn’t eat the banana until about 45 minutes later. P.S. Those are pumpkin seeds on my salad (see #9 for more info)
4. I tried one of Julie’s recipes from Peanut Butter Fingers this weekend. It was a boxed white cheddar macaroni and cheese that she added chicken sausage, steamed cauliflower, and spinach to it. We agreed we liked it, but next time, I want to make the cheese sauce myself. I couldn’t find the brand she used at our local grocery store and ours tasted a bit powdery if you know what I mean.
5. We got our first “larger” wedding gift today and I am super pumped to use it. It’s a brand new crock pot with a sealing lid, timer, and locking handles. This wedding stuff is fun! I already have a recipe in the works to break in this bad boy. Is it bad luck to use wedding gifts before the wedding? Ah hell, who cares?
6. I got my long run in today. I didn’t go as far as I had planned, but I was happy with it. Someone honked and scared the living crap out of me. So hey you white Chevy truck, bite me.
7. I signed up for two more races this week, for those of you who missed that piece yesterday. There is a 5K next Saturday here in Bismarck for Parkinson’s Disease and I also signed up for another 10K in Bismarck for Subway’s Get Fit with my BFF Bethany. This will be her first race so I am excited to do it with her and be her cheerleader.
9. My first NatureBox came on Friday. Inside were five packages containing: dried pears, dried currants, roasted pumpkin seeds, pistachios, and a papaya/nut trail mix. I wasn’t overly impressed, but I’ll let the next one come and decide whether or not to cancel. I did try to make scones with the currants. Garrett seemed to like them. I thought they were OK.
10. Here is Buster. He is enjoying a large bully stick. For those of you who don’t know what it is, enjoy reading this. Then think twice the next time your dog eats one of these and then gives you kisses.
Have a wonderful Sunday evening! We have nine episodes of Parks & Recreation on the DVR. I hope to convince Garrett to watch those tonight. Oohh and we might break in the new lawn mower. We’re the only ones in the neighborhood who haven’t mowed yet and I think I am getting the stink eye from the neighbors.